15 May, 2010

Photohappiness

My photography is being taken seriously! Hence blogpost to celebrate. Reasons:

A photo I took of rainy Curry Mile (Rusholme) will be featured in a promotional leaflet produced by the Manchester Careers Service Graduate Internship Programme.


You can see the entire showreel of great Manchester photography here. I wasn't shortlisted, but to be fair, I was up against some pretty magnificent photographers, so please feast your eyes on the showreel!

This week I got an email from the WHO, i.e. the World Health Organisation, requesting authorisation to a picture I took of Ellen 't Hoen, an advocate for the UNITAID HIV/AIDS patent pool initiative, in November 2009. The image will be featured in a magazine called Managing IP. My photos have been featured in Student Direct : Mancunion before, but as subeditor I've obviously had the freedom to choose to put in my own images, so this feels like a greater achievement and recognition for my work in comparison.

This leaves me feeling very inspired to pursue my photopassion! :)

3 comments:

Wangari said...

Oh rosie I'm so proud of you! You are a marvel behind the camera and I can't wait to pose some more for you ;)

Irina said...

This picture reminds me of Sting's an Englishman in New York video...!

Anonymous said...

Well done, Rosie :-) Me too, very proud of you! Keep on pursuing your dreams, sweetie...

Post a Comment