31 March, 2010

Sentences I thought I'd never utter

'I'm sorry, but I believe my plum just rolled under your foot.'













Needless to say, it was one of those days when my bag was just so overflowing with stuff that it just voluntarily poors out without any manual manouvering involved. This time it was my lunchbox that plunged into a three-feet dive down from the tabletop as it crawled out of my gaping leather underarm companion. The cucumber made it in one piece. The tomato suffered some splittage down its invisible seams. The honey-and-avocado sandwich left some blood on the carpet. But the plum, it had had enough of life in a box and rolled away under this girl sitting at a computer in the cluster. Being a dark and discrete creature, the runaway fruit went unnoticed by the girl under her pumps. Lucky for me she didn't feel an urge to bend her knees to 90 degrees, which would have resulted in plummicide.

After some thorough rinsing, all pieces of lunch ended up victims of my hungry teeth.


'I'm sorry, but I believe my earring is stuck to your bum'

It was the end of our journalism workshop and as always, technology failed us. Four technical staff of the Manchester University were scratching their heads trying to figure out why the newspiece produced by the TV crew just didn't want to play. Anxious to leave and haunted by thoughts of my unfinished Master's report, I started fiddling with my silver snake earring that I'd had since I was 14. Struck by fate once again, the snake suddenly lauched toward the girl sitting in front of me in the auditorium. I was left with only the back clutch between my surprised thumb and index finger. I tried to peer down to her seat, in an attempt to find the stud behind her bum. I soon realised what I was doing probably seemed rather suspicious to people around me, not to mention inappropriate. I couldn't see the stud. Instead I noted that the girl had the most amazing hair, mainly because of its colossal size, but also because of its mesmerising princess-like waves that paved their way down her designer blazer.

The session ended. The girl leaned back on her seat and got up to leave. A silver serpentine had studded its way onto her behind. I had no choice but to tap on her shoulder and say in the politest possible of ways...

Disclaimer: Innuendos were neither wanted nor intended with this blogpost!!!!

1 comment:

Wangari said...

Oh Rosie, it was just one of those days :)

Post a Comment